Batteries and Mobile Phone Recycling Collections!!!
From 1 December 2019, NWLDC will collect used batteries and mobile phones with household recycling collections.
This information has been communicated to residents on the back of the Christmas/2020 collection calendars and in the household recycling guide enclosed with the calendars.
Residents need to put out the batteries and mobile phones as follows:
1. Put batteries and mobile phones in a lidded, recyclable container such as a jam jar, margarine tub or plastic takeaway container. The batteries and mobile phones must remain separate to each other (e.g. batteries in a jam jar and mobile phones in a butter tub).
2. Put the container(s) out on the kerbside next to the red box on their recycling collection day.
3. The crews will tip the batteries and mobile phones into the relevant compartment on the recycling vehicle, then recycle the container afterwards.
The following will be accepted:
- All AAA and AA cells
- Sizes C and D
- Button batteries (watch and hearing aid batteries)
- Laptop batteries
- Power tool batteries
- Mobile phones (if accessible, the battery should be removed and put with the other batteries)
Posted: Wed, 20 Nov 2019 10:56 by Karen Stirk